Blogging 101: Introduce Yourself
My first assignment. I feel like I am going back to school again. Cool. I will attempt to keep this simple.
My name is Jerry. I am retired after working 40+ years. Click on the “Who We Are” page at the top right to read a brief description about who we are. That page really just tells you a little about my work background. This is how many folks define who they are.
So who am I?
- I am a Christian. This means I believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. It also means that I am not my own. After years of deep soul searching, it become clear that I am not just a dot on the map. I have a purpose for existing.
- I am a Husband. I married my soul mate in November 1967. We’ve had our ups and downs, happy times and sad times. I married her for life and have no regrets.
- I am a Father. I have two beautiful daughters. They are adults now and have their own families.
- I am a Grandfather. My daughters have given us two beautiful grandsons. They are both smart as a whip. I love them dearly.
- I am a Brother. I have one brother who is retired. He is a laid back Texan and enjoys life.
- I am an Educator. This is the purpose for which I was born. I have a passion for teaching people how to do things.
- I am a Friend. I am a friend to many folks. People I’ve work with and people I’ve met along life’s road.
- I am an RVer. I live full time in an RV. I do not own a traditional house. My wife and I travel around the country, stopping in places to work a short spell.
Why am I here?
I’ll assume that question is related to why am I here in Blogging 101. I started this blog in 2008. I am here to learn more about blogging.
I mainly blog about living in an RV and the challenges that presents. RVers tend to learn from each other. When we had a house, I remembered how important it was to have good neighbors. It was from these neighbors, that I learned about maintaining our house. By having a public blog, I hope I can be a neighbor to other RVers. In blog world, we can help each other.
I would like my blog to be interesting enough to other RVers so we can share experiences and learn from each other.
Lastly, at the end of this course, I would expect to learn more about posting information that is meaningful and helpful to others. I would hope to be able to restructure this blog so it is easy to navigate. And it wold be cool to learn new skills about blogging that I can share with others.
Thanks for stopping by, y’all come back now.