Oh how I miss those days when around the dinner table, we would share what we did that day. Time is flying by quickly because we are really busy here at Harrisonburg/Shenandoah Valley KOA. It is hard to believe we’ve been here one month already.
Some of my project work has been pretty easy and simple, others have taken a bit more time to complete, and some are a work in progress.
Add a door where there was once a wall.
(Sorry I do not have a photo of finished door.)
Added two sets of track lighting.
An RVer pulled out of their site with their cable still connected to our cable TV port. Consequentially, they pulled down the overhead cable and almost pulled a main junction box down. We decided to replace the cable by trenching it under ground. (PS – the soil up here is very rocky.)
This is a before shot of the sink in the laundry room. Tent and Camping Cabin campers can use this sink to wash their dishes. (I captured this photo after I started to deconstruct the base.)
New sink is in place, rear wall is prepped for painting.
Built a cabinet to hold towels and sheets we rent to campers who need them.
Brightly colored tulips great our campers. No, I did not plant them.
My newest toy – John Deere 250 skidsteer loader. This beast has power.
One of the RV sites that needs a little work.
Yep, I did it. I got the skidsteer stuck. That’s Ok. Our manager, Monica, has gotten this toy stuck a few times as well.
Site is ready for grading and lining the fire pit. The skidsteer flipped that huge boulder like it was made of paper mache. The hole left by the stone will be the fire pit.
View as we drive out of the of the RV park.
Other projects that are pending or a work in progress include:
- Build a new wood crib for fire wood. I have to repair some water damage to the side of the maintenance shop first,
- Build a new walk way after removing a small pine tree that is in the way,
- Plumb triple sink in kitchen once it arrives,
- Finish trimming out walls in kitchen,
- Setup booths in dining area,
- Build and install a pair of swinging cafe doors between kitchen and dining area,
- Build and install a pass through serving bar between kitchen and dining area.
And of course, we have lots of place to visit and enjoy.
So, what did you do today?
Thanks for stopping by, y’all come back now.