Last night, Carol and I attended a community wide Thanksgiving service with a friend. I do not recall ever attending such a service but after last night, this may be a new tradition in our family. Below are my notes from this service.
5 External Thanksgiving Truths
- I am thankful that God’s word is true, faithful and proven (2 Corinthians 4:6). The word of God stands forever (Isaiah 40:8).
- I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:5). He thought enough of me that He gave Himself for me. (Romans 5:8).
- I am thankful for the treasure that God placed within me (2 Corinthians 4:7-10). Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).
- I am thankful that God is transforming me to be more God-like (2 Corinthians 4:16-18). He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the Day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:3-6)
- I am thankful that God chose me to be to be a part of His external story by making me His ambassador to a lost world (2 Corinthians 5:20). He made me to be salt and light to His world. (Matthew 5:13-14)
My thanksgiving is not based on what I have or where I am, it is based on whose I am. For I know I have been adopted into God’s heavenly family (Ephesians 1:3-14). Please take a moment to enjoy this video link of one of my favorite gospel hymns – Child Of The King.
Do you know the Lord Jesus Christ? I don’t mean ‘know of Him’, I mean really know Him just like you know your personal and close friends. If you do, then I thank God that you are part of my family in Christ. I pray that this blog message will renew your commitment and give you encouragement to keep on keeping on.
If you do not personally know Jesus, then let today be the day that you meet Him and let Him declare that you are a Child of the King. First step is to acknowledge Jesus is the Son of God, who died on the cross at Calvary and rose from the grave after defeating Satan. Second step is to ask Jesus for forgiveness of the sin in your life. He knows what they are and will forgive you. (Romans 10:9-13).
After doing this, start reading your Bible. The word of God gives believers strength and nourishes the soul (Psalms 109:105). Do not be ashamed of the gospel (2 Timothy 1:8), share your new-found faith with others (Matthew 10:32). Find a local church that preaches the truth from God’s word. (Ask Jesus to direct you to this place – He will. Matthew 7:7). Pray daily (Jeremiah 33:3, James 4:8).
Share your faith in Jesus by adding a comment to this post – I will pray for you as you grow in Christ.
Thanks for stopping by, y’all come back now.