- The Women at The Tomb (Mat 28:1-8, Mark 16:1-8, Luke 24:1-12, John 20.1-13)
This is the only event that is recorded in the four Gospels. In the accounts from Matthew, Mark and Luke, the women encounter an angel (Mat 28:5-7, Mark 16:5-7, Luke 24:4-6). There is no record of any angel appearing before the disciples. Why did the angel/angels appear before the women and not the disciples?
- The Two on the Way to Emmaus (Luke 16:13-35)
These two travelers were apparently headed back home after a bizarre Passover celebration. Their leader Jesus of Nazareth had been arrested and executed. As they walked in disbelief, they encountered a stranger who opened their eyes.
- The Disciples in a locked room (Mark 16:14-18, Luke 24:36-43, John 20:19-23)
The disciples were hiding in a locked room; they feared their very own lives; would they be next? Did they not learn anything in the three years they lived with Jesus? The locked room did not keep Jesus out.
- Thomas called Didymus (John 20:24-29)
Jesus had a special encounter with Thomas for he just could not believe what the others have already accepted as fact. Jesus indeed had risen just as he said he would.
- The Disciples on a Mountain (Mat 28:16-20)
This passage is better known as the “Great Commission” and is often cited during baptismal celebrations. While this is appropriate, I believe this passage is a command directing Christians to live as Jesus did. The book of Matthew outlines the five principles of Kingdom living.
- The Disciples by the Sea (John 21:1-14)
Jesus called Peter and his brother Andrew to be a disciple. After a discouraging day of fishing, Jesus showed them how they would be real fishermen. In this closing passage, Peter, Thomas called Didymus, Nathanael, the sons of Zebedee (James and John) and two other un-named disciples went fishing. After a great catch resembling the first great catch (Mat 4:18-21), Jesus forgives Peter and restores him by commissioning him to “feed my Sheep”.
- Jesus appears to you.
What is the story of your encounter with Jesus?
- Be passionate about one thing - then work your passion.
Luke 11:34 "therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light' (KJV).
For the rest of the story, click here
- Follow Tales from the WagginMaster on WordPress.com
- Alabama Arkansas Carol's Corner Cee's Photo Challenges Friday Photo Georgia Home Life Kentucky Louisiana Mississippi Missouri North Carolina Oklahoma Pet Share Photography Re-blog Retirement Site Info Social Media South Carolina Spirituality Technology Tennessee Texas Travel Virginia West Virginia WoodShop Workamping WP-Daily Post
- 5-day B&W Photo Challenge Advent Amarillo Amarillo Ranch RV baby llama backup camera Blogging blogging101 Blogging201 Blue Bell Cades Cove Cadillac Ranch Camping World CHL Christmas Clear Creek Recreation Area Cody Corpus Christi craft Cross of Groom Easter Facebook family fur babies Gage Google+ Grace Changes Everything herding cats Holy Spirit Holy Week Instagram iPhone KOA Lake Tiak-O'Khata Laura-Gage Legacy RV Resorts LinkIn Live Laugh RV llama Lone Star Yogi Mark Twain Landing Memorial Day NOMADS Ocoee Whitewater Center paducah Patches phoneography Photo101 Photo Challenge quilting reblog reblogwednesday Resurrection Retirement Road Trip RV RVillage RV Mods Safe Harbor Farm Sea Breeze RV sewing snow social network Spiritual Spiritual complacency sunrise Tennessee Vacation The Daily Post theme The Plan travel twitter walmart Windy Valley Llamas woodshop